Queer Art School: Virtual Open House
Queer Art School is a conceptual creative educational program formed & designed by a volunteer-run collective of six Founding Fellows – Crystal Mason, Juan Carlos Escobedo, Jason Wyman, Trayvon Smith, Midori, and blkcowrie. – working together to define & design the type of art school they wish they had.
Queer Art School is for anyone who self-identifies as queer, trans, or gender non-specific & also identifies as an artist, regardless of experience or discipline. Queer Art School is for those who want to learn, create & share in a space where our whole selves are treated with care & dignity.
Queering Artist Narratives Boot Camp
Queer Art School’s first offering, Queering Artist Narratives, launching July 2023. This program will recruit and virtually convene a cohort of 10 Artist Fellows in creative peer exchange with five of the Founding Fellows to explore who we are as queer artists, queer our artist narratives, and deepen the bonds between us as Queer Artist Fellows.
Queering Artist Narratives will run over three consecutive weekends with each weekend exploring a different topic.
- July 21-23: Who I Am & Who We Are
- July 28-30: Drafting Queer Artist Narratives
- August 4-6: Possible Paths & Mutuality
Each weekend consists of three sessions:
- Friday Eve: Overview & Dreaming
- Saturday Morn: Creative Exploration
- Sunday Aft: Collective Presentation
Everyone who attends the Queering Artist Narratives will walk away with:
- Strong Connections & Camaraderie with a distributive network of ueer Artist Fellows across North America
- A Deeper Understanding of who we are as a Queer / Artists
- A Draft of a Queer Artist Narrative with feedback from trusted Fellows
- Maps to Help Spread Your Art & get it experienced by those you want to experience it
How To Become a Fellow + Virtual Open Houses
Recruitment for Artist Fellows will start in March 2023. We will be seeking 10 Artist Fellows, who are in alignment with Queer Art School’s purpose & values.
Let’s Have a QiQi!
Meet the founding co-creators and find out how you can become a part of this radical experiment in building structures we need and want for the futures we desire. Come to our QiQi and learn how you can join our inaugural group of Artist Fellows!
To make sure you stay in the know about Queer Art School, sign up for the Queering Dreams email list at www.queeringdreams.com or follow:
- Crystal Mason: @ham_job1
- Jason Wyman: @queerlycomplex
- Tray Smith: @realestexposure
- Midori: @planetmidori
- blkcowrie: @blkcowrie
- Juan Carlos Escobedo: @x_j.esc