Consent Dojo 21: Vahavta
For this 21st edition of the Consent Dojo, Midori is joined by kink educator and chronic illness advocate, Vahavta.
Join them for a live conversation as they explore Chronic Illness + Consent
Explore Topics such as…
- The interactions between illness and consent in long-term relationships
- What questions can you ask before a scene to make sure your partner(s) feel safe, sexy, and empowered to speak up?
- How can we stay in the moment while leaving space for accommodations and shifting ability?
- What does someone with chronic illness ‘owe’ to their partner(s) for consent to be fully informed?
- When and how should one’s regular medical professionals be informed about their sexual or kink activities? How do you assure them something is consensual?
- Where is the line on someone being able to offer consent, and who sets that limit?
Bring your curiosity and questions for Q + A after the conversation!
Style: Conversation + Q&A
Props: Bring note-taking tools
Duration: 60-90 minutes
Consent Dojo is always free.
Join us Live on Zoom followed by Q & A or watch the replays on YouTube.
Register for the Live Webinar:
Vahavta began her kink journey about a decade ago and has been grateful to get to teach, model, play, and learn in communities in North Carolina, Chicago, St. Louis, and Israel along the way. Today, she serves her husband in a 24/7 CNC-based Total Power Exchange with heavy elements of emotional play and service and is often found sporting large bruises, writing, or enjoying a good beer.
vahavta is disabled, Jewish, and femme, & believes in approaching kink with a firm understanding of intersectional context. As an educator, she aims to give honest and risk-aware information that applies to the realities of human behavior, focusing largely on the “how” and asking people to consider their personal capabilities, interests, and readiness.
Passionate about community collaboration, vahavta is proud to run the Risk Evaluation Database (RED) and contribute regularly to kink blogs and her own Fetlife writing index. In all aspects of her life, she strives to be a work in progress.
Sign up for her Newsletter: https://Vahavta.substack.com
Consent Dojo is an ongoing project created by Midori where she sits down with a special guest to discuss different aspects of consent, how communication can affect and enhance our relationships, and how consent transcends the interpersonal world and builds more resilient communities and organizations.