Consent Dojo 29: Dr. Markie Twist
My FemBot Love Doll Rescinded Her Consent! (and Other Digisexual Conundrums)
For this 29th edition of the Consent Dojo, Midori is joined by Dr. Markie Twist, an award-winning sexuality educator, sexologist, relationship therapist, author, & international speaker.
Explore topics such as…
- How can we build consent into the cultural fabric of new sexual technologies?
- Should consent be a part of the programming for robots, sex toys, and in other synthetic-organic relationships now—as a way of practicing and modeling consent?
- What responsibility do companies have in including digihealth practices in how users engage with their sex tech?
- What right do we have to consent to our likeness being used to create sex dolls, robots, or digital avatars?
Bring your curiosity and questions for Q + A after the conversation!
Style: Conversation + Q&A
Props: Bring note-taking tools
Duration: 60-90 minutes
Consent Dojo is always free.
Join us Live on Zoom followed by Q & A or watch the replays on YouTube.
Register for the Live Webinar:
About Dr Markie Twist
- Article: “For the love of technology! Sex robots and virtual reality” by Markie Twist & Neil McArthur
- Article: “Introduction to special issue on digihealth and sexual health”
- Article: “Ghosting the Machine: Humans, robots, and the new sexual frontier” covering Neil and Markie’s work on “Digisexuality”
by Sam Lipsyte
- Podcast: “Defining Digital Health” Markie & Neil on the Securing Sexuality Podcast
Consent Dojo is an ongoing project created by Midori where she sits down with a special guest to discuss different aspects of consent, how communication can affect and enhance our relationships, and how consent transcends the interpersonal world and builds more resilient communities and organizations.