Midori is a renowned educator and writer on sexuality. Dubbed “the supernova of kink” by Dan Savage, she emerged from the Sex Positive Movement in San Francisco in the early 1990s, soon becoming a much sought after international presenter on sexuality, personal fulfillment, and kinky adventures.
Her reputation as an authority and leading expert on alternative pleasures stem not only from her unique and entertaining process of teaching concrete skills but from her ability to deconstruct and distill complex matters of desire into surprisingly accessible lessons with eloquence and humanity. She’s known for tackling challenging topics with fresh and relevant insights. She calls this her “head-heart-hands” method to create a space where people are allowed individual self-exploration. Fundamentally she is motivated by helping people to create authentic and intimate relationships while emphasizing self-actualization, shame reduction, acceptance, and justice.
Her writing is extensive, ranging from numerous articles, columns, works of fiction, to instructional books. She is the author of The Seductive Art of Japanese Bondage, Wild Side Sex, Master Han’s Daughter, and co-author of Silk Threads.
When she’s not traveling and teaching, she’s creating provocative and haunting art and performances. You can learn about her art at Ranshin.com.
Organizations Midori has presented with:
- American Association of Sexuality Educators, Counselors, and Therapists (AASECT)
- Sexual Health Alliance (SHA)
- San Francisco State University (SFSU)
- Antioch University
- Modern Sex Therapy Institute
- Institute for Advanced Study of Human Sexuality (IASSCS)
- San Francisco Public Health Department, AIDS Prevention
- San Francisco Center for Sex and Culture
- Institute for Sexuality Education and Enlightenment (ISEE)
- Museum of Sex, New York
- Center for Cultural Innovation (CCI)
Events Midori has presented at:
- Seattle Erotic Art Festival (SEAF)
- Fetish Fair Fleamarket
- Thunder in the Mountains
- Dark Odyssey
- West Coast Bound
And many more…