For automatic email delivery sign up below
Go to >> Newsletter Archives
October 3, 2013, Table Of Contents
- Want to see my performance from Mexico? Check out my Art Kickstarter.
- October Classes/Events (Toronto, Denver, Ft Collins, Santa Cruz, San Francisco)
- Passionate Bonds: Effective D/s Protocol & Relationship (Dec 6-8)
- Rope Bondage Dojo San Francisco (Jan 18-19)
- ForteFemme San Francisco (Jan 31-Feb 2)
- My Online Hangouts
1. Want to see my performance from Mexico? Check out my Art Kickstarter!
Flowers + Rope + Hook Suspension + Dance = Site-specific wondrous evocative performance by Samar, Eliza Barrios & myself. November 1st!
This is Bridge of Mud & Feathers.
This Kickstarter campaign ends October 18th!
I'm hugely excited about this new performance! It's quite ambitious – we're going ultra-local and international – and hopefully digitally live with this to where you are!
Gorilla Glass in Oaxaca invited us to create a new piece specifically for Dia de los Muertos – The Day of the Dead.
Did you know that Japan has its own day of the dead? It's called Obon. Samar and I are both deeply connected to Japan, so it was natural that we would weave in Obon in Oaxaca. My Yamamba character reappears. Those attending the live performance will step in from the whirling colorful rituals of Oaxaca into the unspoken mythical mystery rites of the Yamamba's own making. Worlds will be bridged – that of the living and the dead, as well as Japan, Mexico, Philippines and California
In order to make this possible, we started a Kickstarter campaign. Would you please back us? Every dollar counts! From $1 and up, we have cool and unique 'than you' items. This includes instructional mini videos on line that'll be available only to backers, all the way to the 2 day custom tour of Tokyo with me as your personal guide!
Initially we asked only for the minimum funds that it would take to create this project in it’s most barebones state. But now that we see that so many of you believe in our work, we would like to share with you what the full scope of this project would look like...
It is important to us that we can share this work with a broader audience, and there are several ways we can do that….
If we raise $16,000:
We will be able to live-stream the performance on November 1st!
If we raise $25,000:
Not only will we be able to live-stream it on November 1st, but we will host an event in San Francisco, for a special theater screening of the gorgeous and evocative video interpretation by Eliza Barrios. ALL backers who donate $15 or more during any time during the campaign will have free entry to this very special event.
Would you please be our hero and patron of arts and back our project?
This is the direct link. http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/planetmidori/bridge-of-mud-and-feathers. Please share it with your friends too!
With love and lunacy,
= = =
2. OCTOBER CLASSES/EVENTS (TORONTO, DENVER, FT. COLLINS, SANTA CRUZ, SAN FRANCISCO)
A little heads up for upcoming classes!
TORONTO. This trip made possible by Come As You Are
• Sat 10/5. 1pm-4pm "Kinesthetic Rope: Passionate Dynamic Play – the extended full version!" organized by me in a private downtown location. Buy Tickets
• Sat 10/5. 7:30pm "Hands-on Japanese Rope Bondage" at Come As You Are
• Sun 10/6. 2pm-4pm "Real Life D/s Protocol and Etiquette: The 4 Environments" organized by me in a private downtown location Buy Tickets
• Sun 10/7. 5:30pm "Erotic Role Play" at CAYA
• Mon 10/8 "How to Eat a Peach. The Art of Cunnilingus" at Come As You Are
• Tue 10/9 "Art of Feminine Dominance" (open to all genders & partners) at Come As You Are
• Wed 10/10 "Beginning to Bottom" at Come As You Are
• Sun 10/13. BDSM! Bent Denver Sunday with Midori
Tickets sold online only. Space limited.
- 9:30am - 12:30pm "Kinesthetic Rope: Dynamic Passionate Play"
- 2:00pm - 4:00pm "Go Fast, Go Deep: Negotiations that Create Amazing Connected Scenes"
- 5:30pm - 7:30pm "Make 'em Blush, Make 'em Squirm: Erotic Humiliation Play"
• Mon 10/14. "Art of Feminine Dominance" (Open to all genders. Partners and lovers encouraged) at The Rack. Buy Tickets
• Tue 10/15 "Hands-on Rope Body Harness" at Pure Pleasure boutique
FORT COLLINS, CO
• 10/22 to 10/25 Presenting a series of classes and talks to the students and faculty of Colorado State University, through the LGBTQ&Ally Resource Center and Lory Student Center
• Sat 10/26 "Kinesthetic Rope: Dynamic Passionate Play" at CSC
= = =
3. PASSIONATE BONDS: EFFECTIVE REAL LIFE D/S M/S PROTOCOL WEEKEND. Dec 6-8.
Registration open now: www.passionatebonds.com
Limited to 20 people
Laura Antoniou and I are teaming up again to bring you this amazing weekend.
Learn how to create customized protocols and etiquette that work effectively for your unique relationship. Discover how to design protocol that enrich and strengthen your D/s or M/s relationship, and serve well through all aspects in your everyday life. By the end of the weekend you will have in your hands your own customized protocol manual as well as skills necessary to nourish a sustainable and fulfilling power exchange relationship.
Whether you are already in a relationship or are seeking one in the future, you'll gain powerful tools.
- When: December 6 – 8, 2013
- Where: Resource Center Dallas, 2701 Reagan St., Dallas TX 75219
- Cost: $250 / first person. $150 / each additional person in your Relationship Unit
= = =
4. SF ROPE BONDAGE DOJO (Jan 18-19)
The next Rope Bondage Dojo ® weekend intensive will be in San Francisco over the weekend of January 18-19, 2014
Info & Registration RopeDojo.com
Space Limited: 30 students
- Cost: $400 /solo $700/pair
- Location: The Center for Sex & Culture
Confidence, skill, speed, beauty, intensity, deeper connection, presence and amazing scene control - learn how to make your rope play hotter and better with Rope Bondage Dojo. Now in its 11th year, experience this immersive and balanced training focusing on "Heart-Mind-Hand" approach and the Rope Dojo philosophy.
In this Level 1 Dojo you'll receive16+ hours of intensive rope education from five experienced Dojo Cadres. A weekend for all rope players, for those who tie and those who are tied.
Included: Morning nosh. Delicious lunches. Afternoon snacks. Limited edition Dojo goodies & more.
Bonus! Free entry to the Saturday night play party!
For more information see the curriculum and FAQ at RopeDojo.com
Prerequisite: Willingness for serious learning. Must be able to tie your shoelaces. No experience necessary. However, those with experience will be challenged.
= = =
5. FORTEFEMME: WOMEN'S DOMINANCE WEEKEND INTENSIVE SAN FRANCISCO. Jan 31 – Feb 2, 2014
San Francisco ForteFemme. Jan 31 to Feb 2 at an elegant private loft in SoMa
Limited to 9 women
- Early registration (Sept 1 to Oct 31): $750/per woman.
- Regular registration (from Nov 1): $800/per woman.
(*Don't miss out on this rate! Course registration prices will increase after this class.)
Experience 3 days of personalized education, psychology, support, technique and more, all in an elegant private setting. Includes a field trip of kinky shopping and a very special erotic dinner event hosted by www.ourgourmetlife.com
Original material workbook. Meals and refreshments
Registration & Info: www.ForteFemme.com
= = =
6. MY ONLINE HANGOUTS
Social media slums & places I procrastinate at
- Twitter: @PlanetMidori
- Google +: Midori Midori
- FetLife Midori (Drop by "Midori's Lounge" group there!)
- Tumblr: PlanetMidori & Bridge of Mud & Feathers project
- - - - - - - -