For automatic email delivery sign up below
Go to >> Newsletter Archives
Feb 19th San Francisco Asian Art Museum – Come Join Me In an Artfully Interactive Evening of Seduction + Classes (NYC, San Francisco, Providence, Boston, DC)
- Feb 19th San Francisco Asian Art Museum – Come Join Me In an Artfully Interactive Evening of Seduction
- Midori's Upcoming Classes (NYC, San Francisco, Providence, Boston, DC)
- Rope Dojo Washington DC. March 7-8
- ForteFemme Women's Dominance Weekends SF (April 17-19) & NYC (June 19-21)
- Support my AIDS LifeCycle volunteering!
- My Online Hangouts
1. Feb 19th San Francisco Asian Art Museum – Come Join Me In an Artfully Interactive Evening of Seduction
Step right up! Step right in! Join in the pleasure quarters of old Edo, old Tokyo, the Barbary Coast, or is it San Francisco today?
On Thursday, February 19th I'm collaborating with the San Francisco Asian Art Museum to make the opening night party curiously, seductively, glamorously, ridiculously fun.
Come one and all! Dress to impress and dress to scandalize! bit.ly/seductionparty
When: Thursday, Feb 19th. 7pm – 11pm
Where: San Francisco Asian Art Museum. 200 Larkin Street, San Francisco, CA 94102 #SanFrancisco @asianartmuseum
Early bird tix $15 / $20 regular Get tickets here
Facebook event page
This is the opening night party for the new exhibition – Seduction: Japan's Floating World - an exhibition that runs from February 20th to May 10th. The central piece is this most amazing scroll – it's like a 17th century Edo version of a visual FAQ of what to expect behind the walls of the pleasure quarters. The cooks, the courtesans, the warriors, the actors…
Enter this complex world through more than 60 works of art, including paintings, woodblock prints and kimonos, and featuring a spectacular 58-foot painted scroll by Hishikawa Moronobu (d. 1694). Purposefully excluding the harsh realities of the sex trade, floating world artists created an idealized realm of high style and exquisite beauty. Produced by some of the most talented artists of their time, these artworks afforded vicarious pleasure to the many who could not access the Yoshiwara directly, while luring others to spend more freely. Seduction offers you the opportunity to explore the intersection of art and desire, and to consider how fantasy can attract and obscure.
There's so much that's similar between 17th century Edo (old name for Tokyo) and San Francisco. Both are port towns in a boom economy. The new influx of the success class lives along side the artists, the sex workers, chefs and entertainers. The new residents seek the life spark of the denizens of the pleasure quarter and the notorious – even as they struggle with the changes of the demographics. For a brief moment they come together, in search of delights and detachment from the grim realities knocking at the door.
Let's face it, if you're reading my newsletters, you're not exactly from dullsville. You're probably a deliciously fascinating eccentric or an alluring freak. So I invite you to come out, dress up, and join my amazing friends in scandalizing the proper folks while making live interactive art – and catch some amazing art of from the moist fun part of Old Edo.
With love and lunacy,
= = =
2. UPCOMING CLASSES (NYC, San Francisco, Providence, Boston, DC)
• 1/30-2/1 ForteFemme: Women's Dominance Intensive Sold Out!
• Tue 2/3 "Hands-on Rope Bondage" at the Pleasure Chest, Upper East Side
• Wed 2/4 "Aural Sex: Seduction by Voice" at Purple Passion. Only 5 seats left!
• Tues 2/10 8pm "Best Kink Advice Nobody Told You" at the SF Citadel
• Thrs 2/19 7pm – 11pm Join me at the interactive experience at the Asian Art Museum "Courtesans, Cooks, Samurai and Servants" The Seduction Opening Party #TheFloatingWorld
• 2/20-2/22 ForteFemme Women's Dominance Weekend Intensive Sold Out! Wait List available.
• Thr 2/12 "Hands-on Rope Bondage" at Good Vibrations
• 2/13-2/15 Presenting at the Winter Fetish Fair Fleamarket
• 3/7-3/8 Rope Dojo Weekend Intensive Only 9 seats left!
= = =
3. ROPE DOJO WASHINGTON DC. MAR 7-8
Info & Registration RopeDojo.com
Space Limited: 30 students
Cost: $450 /solo $775/pair
Instruction hours: 10am - 7pm both days
Confidence, skill, speed, beauty, intensity, deeper connection, presence and amazing scene control - learn how to make your rope play hotter and better with Rope Bondage Dojo. Now in its 13th year, experience this immersive and balanced training focusing on "Heart-Mind-Hand" approach and the Rope Dojo philosophy.
17+ hours of intensive rope education from five experienced Dojo Cadres. A weekend for all rope players, for those who tie and those who are tied.
Includes free admission to the Saturday night party "Rope, Smut & Popcorn Social", graduation gift goodies, lunches, morning & afternoon snacks
Curriculum and FAQ at RopeDojo.com
= = =
4. FORTEFEMME WOMEN'S DOMINANCE WEEKENDS SF (April 17-19) & NYC (June 19-21)
Info & Registration ForteFemme.com
Space Limited: 9 students
When: Friday, April 17th through Sunday, April 19th, 2015
Where: Elegant private loft in the South of Market (SoMa) area
- Standard registration $950/per woman. (through April 9th, 2015)
- Last Minute registration $975/per woman. (from April 10th, 2015)
When: Friday, June 19th through Sunday, June 21st, 2015
Where: New York City. Lovely private loft in the Flatiron district
- Early Registration $875/per woman. (through February 13th, 2015)
- Standard registration $950/per woman. (from February 14th, 2014 to June 5th, 2015)
- Last Minute registration $975/per woman. (from June 6th, 2015)
To all the wonderful women out there - Be the best dominant you can be!
Find your authentic power, erotic fulfillment, confidence and skills in this unique and transformative intensive.
Experience 3 days of personalized education, psychology, support, technique and more, all in an elegant private setting. Includes a field trip of kinky shopping and a lovely dinner.
Original material workbook. Meals and refreshments
= = =
5. SUPPORT MY AIDS LIFECYCLE VOLUNTEERING!
I'm at it a gain. Perhaps it's Quixotic, but I hope not. I'm returning to AIDS LifeCycle to volunteer 10 days of my life to support the cyclists – and raise awareness and funds for critically needed HIV services and education.
Yes, I'm fundraising. But I totally suck at asking people directly. I know that we're all stretched thin. I'll give 10 24-hour days and keep teaching smarter sex on all my other days – if you'd back me up on my AIDS Lifecycle work. The Ride itself is May 31 to June 6. I'll spend a few days before with set up.
Donate if you can. If not, I'd be thrilled if you'd send me messages of support during the ride. I'll post pix and podcasts from the road! Will you support me? Together, we’ll make a difference.
Here where to donate. Oh and it's tax deductible.AIDS/Lifecycle.
Thank you with all my heart.
= = =
6. MY ONLINE HANGOUTS
Social media slums & places I procrastinate at
- NEW!Midori's Voice InstaCast
- Twitter: @PlanetMidori
- Google +: Midori Midori
- FetLife: Midori (Drop by "Midori's Lounge" group there!)
- - - - - - - -