For automatic email delivery sign up below
Go to >> Newsletter Archives
Ropes & Flowers at the Asian Art Museum! + Rope Dojo: Just few tickets left + July classes (Denver, Austin, San Francisco)
- My Ropes & Flowers at the San Francisco Asian Art Museum!
- July Classes/Events (Denver, Austin, San Francisco)
- Rope Bondage Dojo San Francisco (Aug 2-3)
- ForteFemme Women's Dominance Weekend NYC (Nov 14-16)
- August Classes/Events (San Francisco, Chicago)
- Kinbaku Alert! Amazing Instructors from Japan, Mr. Nagaike & Photographer Mr. Sugiura, Coming to San Francisco
- My Online Hangouts
1. MY ROPES, MY FLOWERS: GORGEOUS EXHIBITION AT SAN FRANCISCO ASIAN ART MUSEUM
I admit it. I squeed in delight and did a happy dance at the invitation from the San Francisco Asian Art Museum to show my performance and art in August as part of the Gorgeous. The exhibition is in conjunction with the SF Museum of Modern Art. You can participate in the creative process as well! The museum is providing art material for your use.
- What: The Evoco Project: Live human flower arrangement & art creation
- When: Thursday, August 7th, 2014. 6pm – 9pm
- Where: San Francisco Asian Art Museum. 200 Larkin St. San Francisco
- Cost: Free with museum admission. ($5 after 5pm)
My Gorgeous Fetish
Workshops & Activities, Evenings, Performances, and part of First Thursdays.
Get wrapped up in the performance artwork Evoco, artist Midori's contribution to My Gorgeous Fetish, a night exploring the meanings and possibilities of the word “fetish.”
Midori’s performance will erode and generate boundaries in equal measure, combining flowers (ikebana), Japanese rope bondage, flesh and sumi ink to transform a moving body into a series of restrained sculptures and residual prints. Audience members will be invited to respond to this arrestingly beautiful and one-of-a-kind event by creating artwork of their own with materials provided by the museum.
My Gorgeous Fetish will include a gallery talk by Jeff Durham, assistant curator of Himalayan art at the Asian Art Museum, titled Gold Rush: The Aura of an Ore as a part of the Gorgeous Idea talk series. Another highlight of the event is TopCoat Nail Studio, adorning nails with fresh designs inspired by the stunning artwork in Gorgeous. Music, along with a cash bar, will loosen us up as we take our understandings of “fetish” to an all-new level.
Please be advised that this event features performances that may include nudity.
This is part of the amazing Gorgeous exhibition
Asian Art Museum, June 20 - September 14, 2014
What’s “gorgeous” to you? There’s often a fine line between attraction and repulsion, but this summer at the Asian Art Museum, we’re drawing no lines at all.
Gorgeous presents 72 uniquely stunning artworks drawn from the collections of the Asian Art Museum and the San Francisco Museum of Modern Art . Spanning over 2,200 years and dozens of cultures, these artworks are organized in an attempt to shift the focus from historical and cultural contexts, emphasizing instead the unique ways each work announces itself or solicits a viewer’s attention. Left to your own devices, you may gravitate toward the strange or the familiar. Some artworks may be beautiful to you; others, bizarre and challenging. Some may be all three. Whatever they are, your reactions to the show will be unique. And that’s what interests us. As Allison Harding, co-curator of Gorgeous, puts it, “This isn’t about what the museum thinks. This is about what you think.”
We’ve blended paintings, sculptures, objects of high design or decoration and photographs. Artists like Marcel Duchamp and Marilyn Minter mingle with works that span the extent of Asia, including a 1,000 year-old Indian sculpture of the Hindu deity Durga victorious over a buffalo demon. Across from a Picasso, you might spot a decorated Qur’an from 16th-century Persia or an arresting photograph by Sally Mann.
Come take a look. What draws you in? What pushes you away? Take a moment to consider what’s “gorgeous” to you. We think you’ll be surprised.
I hope you'll come, make art with me and help me document it. #hellogorgeous
With love and lunacy,
= = =
2. JULY CLASSES (Denver, Austin, San Francisco)
• Sat 7/26 "Hands-on Rope Body Harness" at The Citadel
• 7/11 – 7/13 Presenting "Make 'em Blush, Make 'em Squirm: Humiliation Play" and "Control & Dominance Moves: Kinesthetic Rope 201" at Thunder in the Mountains
• 7/18 – 7/20 Presenting "Interrogation & Military Scenes" and Control & Dominance Moves: Kinesthetic Rope 201" at GWNN Bash
= = =
3. ROPE DOJO (Aug 2-3) SAN FRANCISCO
The last Rope Dojo ® for this year. Only a few tickets left!
Info & Registration RopeDojo.com
Space Limited: 30 students (only 9 tickets left at time of writing this)
Cost: $450 /solo $775/pair
Confidence, skill, speed, beauty, intensity, deeper connection, presence and amazing scene control - learn how to make your rope play hotter and better with Rope Bondage Dojo. Now in its 12th year, experience this immersive and balanced training focusing on "Heart-Mind-Hand" approach and the Rope Dojo philosophy.
17+ hours of intensive rope education from five experienced Dojo Cadres. A weekend for all rope players, for those who tie and those who are tied.
Curriculum and FAQ at RopeDojo.com
= = =
4. ForteFemme: Women's Dominance Weekend Intensive. NYC
Registration open now: www.ForteFemme.com
Limited to 9 women
NYC ForteFemme. Nov 14 to Nov 16 at an elegant private loft in SoHo
- Early registration $850/per woman. (from July 1st to July 31st, 2014)
- Standard registration $950/per woman. (from August 1st to October 31st, 2014)
- Last Minute registration $975/per woman. (from November 1st to November 9th, 2014)
Experience 3 days of personalized education, psychology, support, technique and more, all in an elegant private setting. Includes a field trip of kinky shopping and a lovely dinner.
Original material workbook. Meals and refreshments
= = =
5. AUGUST CLASSES/EVENTS (San Francisco, Chicago)
• 8/2 – 8/3 Rope Dojo
• Wed 8/20 "Control & Dominance Moves: Kinesthetic Rope 201" at the Center for Sex & Culture
• Sat 8/23 "Hands-on Rope Bondage" at Early to Bed
= = =
6. KINBAKU ALERT! AMAZING INSTRUCTORS FROM JAPAN COMING TO SAN FRANCISCO
Don't miss this unique Shibari education opportunity.
It's not quite official yet. I'm just leaking this info to you as a heads up.
Mark your calendar to be in San Francisco around September 16th to 23rd!
I'm working on getting Mr. Norio Sugiura & Mr. Takeshi Nagaike from Tokyo to San Francisco in late September for series of Shibari / Kinbaku private intensives.
Because of their schedules, it may end up being weekday evenings. As soon at the details are set, I'll send out a special newsletter edition.
- If you're a Rope Dojo graduate (including the upcoming August class) there will be a special registration option for you. Drop me a note about this and I'll add you the list of grads interested in this special event! Make sure to include the best e mail address to reach you at.
Mr. Norio Sugiura
Mr. Takeshi Nagaike
- His book How to Play SM
= = =
7. MY ONLINE HANGOUTS
Social media slums & places I procrastinate at
- Twitter: @PlanetMidori
- Google +: Midori Midori
- FetLife Midori (Drop by "Midori's Lounge" group there!)
- Tumblr: PlanetMidori
- - - - - - - -